18. Additionally it is forbidden to use the stone when weather is very warm, not to increase the fire of nature and incurring sudden death.
19. It is forbidden to reveal any of our houses.
20. Thus we repute necessary for our emperor to change house every ten years and make known the thing in assembly, during which the brothers must give another name for the brotherhood to keep hidden.
21. Every brother, who has been accepted among us, is ordered to change his name. Furthermore, if he go to a place he has already been earlier, he should modify his looks by means of the stone, not to be recognized.
22. No brother should be abroad for above ten years: wherever he goes and whatever name he takes he must always communicate to the emperor.
23. No brother can start a work in the same place where he has already lived for a year and whose he know the nearby, additionally he should avoid all the ignorantes professores ( ignorant who suppose to know).
24. Furthermore a brother should not reveal to anybody his wealthy, he should particularly avoid all the religious persons. In fact these ones, in the name of high priests, bring the evil in their heart. They conceal their artifices with the words of the Highest. So a brother must keep away from them, as rarely one can expect something good from them, which award mostly exteriority.
25. When a brother wants to operate, he should ask for help manual help to elderly people rather than young; and the latter, as possible, should avoid to attend the operation de visu ( seeing it).
26. Furthermore a brother when leaves a place, should not tell anyone neither where nor when he will leave. And if he doesn’t mean to get back, he should write the to home holder to give away his left things to the poor.
27. It is better a brother brings along the stone in power form inside a crystal phial, because in oil form the stone is not transportable. Additionally no brother can bring along anything of our philosophical fire, as a serious accident may occur.
28. A brother who, having committed an imprudence, has the misfortune of being discovered by a potent, must give him death rather than revealing the mysterium, because only God can reveal the mysteria.
At this point it is necessary to ask the brother if he is willing to fulfill all the duties which have been read to him and if he has clearly understood. If he answers yes he must be put his hand on the symbol, that’s to say a palm bough; after that the new brother must get down on his knees and everybody must give him three kisses and say: “Dear brother, we order you to keep the silence”. The the emperor in his priest garment goes to him with to elderly by side, who put the new brother in the middle , then unveiled the urim, the brother should raise your right hand, stretch the thumb and the first two fingers, put the left hand on the heart and repeat the following words: “
I N.N. promise to our living and eternal God not to reveal to anybody the secret and all the mysteries taught to me and that will be taught by you without the agreement of my superior, but to keep inside me close with the natural seal, to not reveal any brother, neither his name, nor to the emperor, and to not show the stone to anybody. I promise before God to keep the silence for the eternity, even deathbed. That God and his holy word help me to take the oath.
After that the concreation will occur. The Brother is get anointed and blessed as mage-priest and the spirit of Jehovah goes to him, for this reason he. For this reason he cannot be seen for some days. Furthermore he begins to predict drawing from the spirit; and all this is noted and put in writing.
Then, when they separate each other, everyone must say the words of the seal: ” Frater Aureae vel Roseae Crucis Deus sit tecum cum perpetuo silentio, Deo promisso et nostra sancta congregatione ( brother of gold or rose cross God is with you with perpetuum silence, to God and our holy congregation is promised)”. Then to the new brother is given both the extases or secret operations of our ancestors and the diploma with seal, as a sign through which the brother can be recognized, so to show the signum when he goes to another brother.
Furthermore to the new brother is always given the name of the lastly died brother, a tradition always observed.
There follow the extases or secret operations:
First Chapter: As a man, given his soul and body, is the most marvelous subject God has created for the mysterium, and what matter one should take for the stone of the ancient and what he should do with those.
All that is bequeathed by our ancestors. Hence we transmit it to our brothers for they to operate according to truth, so to know, pay tribute to and glorify the Great Creator!
End of the Introduction.
The Wien manuscript edited in La Via della Vera Alchimia ended here. But I managed to add the fourteenth and fifteenth parts neglected by Archarion’s edition.
The Fourteenth Chapter, namely : “How a mage can make artificial mirrors from a metal by means of constellation” has been taken and translated from Agape-Prometeo’s Thesaurus Thesaurorum, augmented with comparisons found in Sesheta’s edition of Thesaurus Thesaurorum.
To be continued at Testamentum Fraternitatis Roseae et Aureae Crucis. Part 2 .
- Creation in collaboration with.