Furthermore when saying: let rise the north wind and comes the south wind and blows across my garden, to let drop its scent she means: keep the right heat degree. In fact when the air from north arrives, we have to protect from it and that is the first degree. Instead when she says: comes the south wind and blows across my garden, she means: in the other degree the heat must not get over that of the south winds, which make live and green all the things, as it is with this degree that all the colors get manifested. She lets understand it by saying: so that my garden makes dropping its scents; past the second degree, is has nothing to say. She clearly describes even vessels, when saying: comes and hops on the mountains and the jumps hills, and my friend slips her hand in the hole and my body trembles, meaning: the Lilium rises over the mountains, goes upward, then slips her hand in the hole, to get us to know that we should put the Lilium in a vessel, as though it were a hand, to purify it in it, because of that the body will tremble. She clearly describes the seal as well. In fact she says: my sister, my friend, is a closed garden so not to let anyone in at his/her leisure. Rather, it is a closed off spring, a sealed source, as in the starting so in the conjunction. In addition she teaches: in the preparatory work putrefaction, in the main work the black, dark, wherein says: I have looked for the night, because my soul wanted to demonstrate that black and dark have been disappeared. In this way – as I have before said – she teaches also sublimation and distillation, when she explains: that which comes out of the desert is like a straight fume, like a fume of incense and myrrh. In this way she also indicates the real original colors: black, white and red. She describes black as follow: I’m the black and under my black I’m very lovable, daughters of Jerusalem , I’m like the huts of Kedar, as multi colors carpets. Of white and red she says: my friend is white and red; the dove is white, the lion is red. In this way she clearly indicates also the four months ( of philosophy) in the main work, when she says: see, the winter is past, the rain has gone; meaning: the darkness has disappeared because the spring has arrived, and in our land we hear the chant of the dove. Man enjoys when seeing these things. About the summer she says: the fig tree is covered with gems, grapes have eyes and emit their scent, get up, my friend, get up my beautiful. She characterizes the autumn as the end of the work by saying: flowers have appeared and got ripe. In this way she teaches with comprehensible words the whole cooking, multiplication and increase as well as the projection or fruition of the opera (high chant of Solomon: chapter 6, 7 (multiplication); chapters 8, 9 (exaltation and projection).
By that we have just wanted to demonstrate that Solomon had asked the knowledge that God had given him. Through king Solomon the Mysterium arrives also to Arabs because – thanks to his knowledge – he had in his hand the heart of many nations. From Solomon it was transmitted also to high priests and prophets; and gets diffused to the point that arrives also to Romans. Solomon was the first to make – with the help of Mysterium – metallic images according to asters influx, and brought to the heights and sinned before his God. It was in that way – it was demonstrated by our sacred tradition – that our belonging to the Lord has been so far conserved by the power of God, even though our brothers have had to bring frequent innovations, on the other hand because they were and are still scattered all over the world.
The first has been Noah, from him were born Sem and Cam, and from the latter Thubal. Sem, as first-born, received the great secret from his father Noah written on a brass tablet. Cam , the other son of Noah, was Hermes, whose Tabula Smaragdina has come to us. Also Egyptians had this knowledge, the real offspring of Cam. Cam generated Chus or Champhes the young, which Egyptians called Saturn, and as you can read in the secret tradition and in the concreation (1) of the Egyptians. The father of Noah was Seth, Saturn the old, father of all the camphes and of all the Mages. Sam and Cam were also Jupiter or Camphes. Cam generated Chus, Saturn the young or Champhes the young. This one generated Misra or Vulcan, Perth or Phaeton, as Egyptians called him; but he was called also Canaan or Tautus, or also Thoyt or Mercurius; From Misra was born Osiris. From Osiris and Isis Horus or Apollo, and from this one Aesculapius. Aesculapius generated Tot and this one Tazio. As a matter of fact we found that from a century to another the knowledge of Egyptians increases the more and more, hence the pursuit of knowledge became a job and a misuse. And Moses learned the knowledge from Egyptians. It seems that some of our fathers remembered that at that time was Joseph the first emperor. In fact it is certain that all the children of Israel have learned the knowledge from Egyptians and that by the Egyptians there are still some. From Israelites the Mysterium passed to Arabs and Chaldeans. In fact in Chaldean were leaders among the scholars Daniel and Anania, Azaria and Misael. But the master of all was Daniel. Now all these our Heroes became unified and so far the Spirit of God makes them to get unified. From prophets and beloved ancient the Mysterium has passed to our Teutons (Germans) through our father Teuth. And prodigiously staid with us till today. Thus we have kept such laudable custom ( and system) of the ancient in the same way they have ordered to do: we have conserved and transmitted the secret exactly how certain extases or secret operations have been passed down to us from our beloved ancient.
Thus as some brothers, past the human life, enter the eternity, as we cannot go over the sacred number of 77, and as the brotherhood must not be constituted without the number 77, according to an ancient custom we gave chosen for our meetings certain places, in the east as well as west, rather in all four sites in the world. Thus, if there is a soul who, after having been sufficiently examined, is acknowledged worthy of being accepted, that soul should attend our meeting and must, like us, to agree with all the following points and promise and keep silent for eternity, and only after it is eligible to receive the holy priesthood and, thanks to the concreation, is able to wield the magic. In fact without the concreation no one is a mage, because before l’internal anointing and the external one must take place; and the thing happens so:
When, after advance notice of brothers, is called a meeting and the brothers have greeted among them an extraneous brother who must be virtuous, if an older is present such meeting can give him signum, but he cannot celebrate the concreation, nor let him take the oath, can only order him to keep silent and ask is he is willing to keep the following points: therefore the assembly, also to not offend their conscience, cannot reveal him about extasibus, or secret operations, which are part of Mysterium, but they can reveal him about other thing of sapientia and tholium. Nevertheless as in that writings here and there few news is hidden on the secret operations, in order not to break the seal before time must go cautiously as the candidate, after he turned his back to the brotherhood, doesn’t make poor use.
Thus, if the brother is present at meeting, it is necessary to ask him if he knows what God is and that his spirit is examining his heart and loins. That’s happens before Urim, which nevertheless has to covered; in this way they soon know what he will say and what he knows on the Highest.
Then he was read the following points:
1. Since the brotherhood has existed, according to the divine providence plan, the number of brothers must never exceed 77.
2. Among us religious problems should never be nor envy; but everyone should allow his brother to recognize his faith and remain faithful to his awareness, which only belongs to God, so to not allow hate between us. And we have the real religion if believe and know that God is made up of three persons – father, son and holy spirit- and we fear him, love him, are devoted to him, allow him to head us and rule, and even better that he dwells in us. While the other, who are religious, and are still tied to religion, cannot give then to God totally because they are divided and obey human commandments, so to Great Spirit eyes they are outrageous as they don’t love God with all their heart, soul and strength. In fact subjugate their forces, as most sacred offer, to human commandments and don’t love their close people with pure soul, because they are hypocritical. In fact in Israel the Holy just wants the heart exclusively for him and wants to make it his temple and property. In fact since the beginning of the world belong to our brotherhood, look for the Lord and love the knowledge men owning to varied nations. Thus every brother, any religion he believes, should live free, no to be tied to anybody and do not account to anyone of his faith. Nevertheless if one has the gall to give in to the flesh and put on religious issues, the brother who has been asked should make sure if he is or not a member of the brotherhood. And if he is a member of the brotherhood. And if he is, he has to realize he is become religious and doesn’t love God anymore with all his heart, is not tied only to Him and he doesn’t take him a Spirit dwelling in himself; if instead he isn’t a member, he shouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t know the real constitution.
3. After the death of the current emperor ( chief of the brotherhood) another will be elected and we subjugate to him obeying him like the previous one, and be faithful till the end. In fact we have abrogated the ordering which modifies the traditional election.
4. The emperor should and must have in the list the name of every brother as well as of the living place, for they to be saved in case of necessity. Furthermore it must be noted that , as established from the beginning, the emperor to be elected should be chosen from the seven oldest. To this purpose in Europe we have only four houses in which can be held our assemblies, that’s to say Ancona, Nuremberg, Hamburg and Amsterdam.
5. We furtherly announce that when two or four brothers are gathered they alone cannot elect, even before the emperor, an other brother, if he is not an elderly with the seal. So if one discovers that one pretends to be a brother but he hasn’t got the signum either by the elderly or the emperor, he should be careful and not to show his one.
6. Every apprentice should obey his lord and brother for seven years, and be faithful as a brother for all the time of his life to death.
7. More than one brother, even if from time to time cooperate and perform together some extasi, should not live together, so that nothing must transpire of their secrets.
8. Thus it is forbidden to elect as brother a relative, if before he has not been examined and approved. A brother should elect instead an extraneous, since the art cannot be inherited.
9. Thus if brothers want to have a heir, if before the latter has professed for him, they should keep him for seven years as an apprentice and communicate his name to the emperor, his nationality, job, and provenance, so that the apprentice, in due time, may receive the concreation and the signum in our assembly.
10. When brothers meet, the usual greeting should be: Ave Frater, and the other should answer: roseae et aureae; Hence the first will replay: crucis. And when they recognize, talk each other in this way: Benedictus Dominus Deus noster, qui dedit nobis signum. Then they will show each other the seals; and in spite the names should never be known, the seal instead can never be changed. But if a trick is discovered, thing that may happen due to carelessness of a brother a seal gets lost and ends up in extraneous hands, one should pretend not to know it and abandon as soon as possible the town and place.
11. It is expressly order that to the brother who has finished his seven years of apprenticeship and he has been accepted and admitted to the emperor in one of our houses and has taken the oath of secrecy, is given what he needs of funds and mysterium (tincture) to live on for sixty years, to him in exchange he is ordered to carry out its work diligently and to communicate to the emperor anything remarkable that finds: in fact – being the nature inscrutable – every brother is tied to behave in that way since the beginning. Additionally the brother must promise not to offend God by means of mysterium, not to cause damage to the next with it, not to destroy any nation with it, and not use mysterium to shed blood or to help tyrant.
12. If the brother want to talk of the mysterium they should be alone in a closed room. Then everyone can open his heart; and they can also operate together.
13. A brother can and should give to another some lapis, free of charge, as God’s gift cannot be sold.
14. It is forbidden to make a projection before a person who is not accepted by us, unless it is done to honor the art. Nevertheless mind the thing occurs without danger. Then the place should soon be abandoned.
15. Brothers should avoid to talk to extraneous, particularly with women. But if a brother cannot live alone, which would be better – he can take a woman and tied to her in the fear of God.
16. Every brother is tied not to cause any damage, because of hate, neither to persons, nor to the equilibrium of souls, nor to animals, trees and plants. These are things that may be possible in the mysterium whose achievement can seem prodigious to the man, but they upset the order of nature.
17. In the same way we warn from giving some of the stone to a pregnant woman, as the fruit of the conception could die or may be born before the time.